Target's Coupon Acceptance Policy:
Go here and print out a copy of the Target coupon policy. Read it and know what you're entitled to; I've had to site this policy on more than one occasion to new cashiers and/or disgruntled employees. Keep a copy with you when you shop, just in case. It's always nice to know you have corporate on your side :)
Target's Low Price Promise:
On top of allowing coupons, Target also has a price matching policy known as the Low Price Promise. It has a number of parameters, but can be useful when maximizing your savings. Go here to read the guidelines and exclusions. *The most important thing to remember is that Target coupons will be applied BEFORE the price match and manufacturer coupons will be applied AFTER.
Tips and tidbits for successful shopping at Target:
Target has a number of quirks you might have to work around at the cash register...
- Target's web coupons can be found here. They will say "Target Web Coupon" on the upper left of the coupon when you print them.
- Target mobile coupons can be signed up for here. Simply show the cashier the barcode on your phone and your savings will be applied (these had a limit of 1 use).
- For a while Target's register's were scanning $ off of multiple item coupons for the price of only one item. Always watch the screen as the cashier is ringing your items and coupons up, as you never know what the register will do with these coupons.
- On giftcard deals, Target's register's will automatically deduct an invisible manufacturer coupon for twice the cost of the giftcard which will effect the way you may use other coupons (they claim this glitch has been fixed, but I've yet to find that to be true). If you're doing a giftcard deal I suggest making sure that you have enough overage to absorb the cost of the other coupons. For example, if you had $2.50 off in coupons for Ponds face towels and they were on sale for $5.19 each with a $5 giftcard offered when you buy two, you would only have $0.38 cents available to use coupons against. In this case you would need to add $4.62 in items to the transaction to get the coupons to go through with no problems.
- Always hand over your Target coupons last. Doing this seems to avoid a number of issues which might slow you down.
- If a coupon doesn't scan correctly, you have every right to ask the cashier to manually enter it as long as it abides by the rules of use set forth on the coupon. Just because the register beeps doesn't mean the coupon is invalid.